Whenever you start any blog or website you need web hosting to host your site’s files and database. But for beginners, it is really very confusing about which web hosting they should purchase.
This confusion is because there are many web hosting companies who say they are the best in the business and this makes the visitor really confused,
Shared hosting is the best package for beginners bloggers but the question is what is shared hosting and how does it work.
So in this post, I am going to share all the details about the shared hosting. So let’s start this post.
What is Shared Hosting and How Does It Works
A shared hosting service is provided by web hosting companies to host many sites on a single server. Shared hosting is the cheapest form of web hosting that you can buy.
In Shared hosting, you don’t have full control of the server because that is handled by the admin of the web hosting providers.
In shared hosting, you will never know who else sites are being hosted on the same server. Each client will share the same resources from 1 physical server.
Each customer will have a limit on the total amount of resources they can use.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- Shared hosting is really cheap as compared to other hosting packages.
- Most web hosting companies have the upgrade option so if in the future you need more resources then you can simply upgrade your shared hosting plan.
- Managing shared hosting is super easy because all shared hosting plans no matter from which company you buy will give Cpanel through which managing your sites becomes really very easy.
- You Don’t have to worry about the server maintenance since those will be monitored by the company admins. So you can focus more on building great content.
Disadvantages of Shared hosting
- No control over the server. Usually, the server admin will assign few resources for every website in one server.
- Shared hosting speed is not that good and as you know that site speed is now a Google ranking factor.
- You never know who are your neighbours sharing the same server space as yours.
- As your site grows then traffic grows as well and then you will see 500 internal server errors more frequently
Shared Hosting FAQ’s
1. Is share hosting Good?
Yes shared hosting is good only for beginners( site with little traffic) but not for high traffic websites
2. What is the difference between shared hosting and dedicated hosting?
In shared hosting, you share the space with other sites on the same server. While in dedicated hosting you own a physical server and all its resources belong to you. You will have full root access with dedicated hosting.
3. How much Traffic Shared Hosting can handle?
Well as I said earlier shared hosting is an ideal solution for beginner bloggers and not for high traffic blogs.
4. Which company has the best shared hosting?
You can go with bluehost.com or Hostgator.com shared hosting they are very good in fact I was with bluehost.com for more than 2 years and their services are really good.
5. Is Shared Hosting Bad?
It would be really harsh to say that shared hosting is bad. But it is designed for the sites which received less traffic and for small sites shared hosting works perfectly fine.
So, friends, this was What is shared hosting and how does it work. I really hope that you got all your answers from this post and if you did then give this post 1 like and share with your friends.
Also if you have any doubt about shared hosting then feel free to ask me in the comment section below. Thank you.